Chipotle Black Bean Soup
This Chipotle Black Bean Soup is nutritious and delicious, but it's also great because you can customize it however you'd like! Try toppings like cilantro, fresh lime juice, avocado, or even sour cream to make it the bean soup of your dreams!
- 2 tbsp Member’s Mark™ Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/2 medium White or yellow onion, diced
- 1-1/2 tsp Member’s Mark™ Minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup Red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1-1/2 tsp Member’s Mark™ Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Member’s Mark™ Chili Powder
- 1-1/2 cups Red chipotle salsa (or any blended or chunky spicy salsa)
- 4 cups Swanson® Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp Maple Grove Farms® Maple Syrup
- 2 (15 oz) cans Bush’s® Black beans, cooked in salt and slightly drained
- 1 (15.25) oz can Green Giant® Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Lime juice
- Red onion
- Tortilla chips
- Ripe avocado
- Hot sauce
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add oil, Member’s Mark™ Minced Garlic, onion, bell pepper, and a pinch each of Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt and Ground BlackPepper and stir. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent and the peppers have a bit of color.
- Add Member’s Mark™ Ground Cumin and Member’s Mark™ Chili Powder and stir to coat. Then add salsa, vegetable stock, and coconut sugar. Stir to combine, then increase heat to medium heat and bring to a low boil.
- Once it’s boiling, add black beans and corn and stir. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or more, stirring occasionally. The longer it simmers, the more the flavor will develop.
- Serve as is or with recommended serving options above.