Sweet & Salty Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Don't throw away the seeds when you carve pumpkins this year! Save them and make this recipe for the perfect sweet and salty fall snack! This foolproof recipe yields perfectly golden pumpkin seeds, every time!
- 3 cups pumpkin seeds dried for at least 24 hours
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil or butter
- 1/2 tsp Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cinnadust™ to taste
- 1 tsp Members Mark™ Sea Salt
To dry pumpkin seeds:
- Remove from pumpkins and rinse thoroughly. Spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Let sit at room temperature for 24 hours, changing the damp paper towels out for dry ones after about 12 hours and stirring occasionally.
To make the pumpkin seeds:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Very lightly grease a large baking pan, set aside.
- Melt coconut oil or butter in a large microwave safe bowl or on the stovetop in a 4-quart pot.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Mix in pumpkin seeds until they are all evenly coated.
- Sprinkle Cinnadust™ (your desired amount) onto the pumpkin seeds and mix until all they are evenly coated.
- Spread pumpkin seeds on your prepared baking pan in single layer.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until seeds begin to brown.
- To test for doneness: remove a few seeds from the pan and let sit on the counter to cool. If they harden up the seeds are done. If they remain soft, return to the oven, checking them after 5 minutes. Continue baking in 5 minute intervals until done.
- Once seeds are done, transfer them from the warm pan to another pan lined with parchment paper to let cool.
- Store these pumpkin seeds in an airtight container for up to 1 week.