Tone’s® Everything Bagel Breakfast Bowl
This Tone’s® Everything Bagel Breakfast Bowl has it all - healthy carbs, veggies, protein, superfoods...it's exactly what you need to get your day started! It takes a little while to assemble this bowl of deliciousness, but trust us, it's worth it! If you don't have time to make it in the morning, this savory bowl is a complete meal that's great for lunch or dinner, too!
For the Quinoa
- 1/2 cup Uncooked quinoa (2 cups cooked)
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tsp Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt, to taste
For the Tomatoes and Kale
- 1 tsp Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups Shredded lacinato kale
- 1/4 tsp Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- 2 tbsp Water
For the Breakfast Bowls
- 2 Eggs, large
- 1 Ripe avocado, halved, pitted, and scooped from the skin
- 2 tbsp Member’s Mark™ Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Tone’s® Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Rinse the quinoa and drain. In a small saucepan, combine the quinoa with water and bring to a boil, uncovered. When it starts to boil, reduce the heat to the lowest setting, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is light and fluffy.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and Tone’s® Garlic Pepper Seasoning to a pan; cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the quinoa and cook for 2 minutes. Season with Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt to taste.
- While the quinoa is cooking, in a skillet over medium-high heat, add the tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring once or twice until blistered.
- Remove the tomatoes from the pan, add the kale, olive oil, and 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and cook, stirring once, for 2 to 3 minutes or until wilted. Season with Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt.
- Cook eggs to your preference! You can make them hard or soft boiled, poached, fried, or scrambled. Whichever you prefer is fine.
- To assemble, divide the quinoa, kale, tomatoes, and eggs evenly among 2 bowls. Top with the sliced avocado and 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt. Drizzle with olive oil and top with Tone’s® Everything Bagel Seasoning, and serve.