Weber® Chicago Steak Sandwich
You just can’t go wrong with this Weber® Chicago Steak Sandwich. It’s restaurant quality but so easy to make – you’ll be sure to add it to your recipe rotation!
- 1 ½ pounds Flank steak, room temperature for even grilling
- 1 Red bell pepper, seeds and stem removed, cut into 3 pieces
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 2 tsp Weber® Chicago Steak Seasoning
- 2 Member’s Mark™ Baguettes
- ¼ cup Member’s Mark™ 100% Pure Olive Oil
- 1 ½ tbsp Member’s Mark™ Granulated Garlic
- 6 to 8 slices Provolone cheese
- 1 tsp Red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Member’s Mark™ Parsley Flakes
- Heat a gas grill to medium heat. Lightly brush the flank steak and red bell pepper with canola oil and season with Weber® Chicago Steak Seasoning. Grill the peppers until soft and lightly charred.
- Grill the steak until nicely marked on both sides, flipping only once. An instant read thermometer should read 135°F–140°F when it comes off the grill. This will rest to medium.
- Allow meat to rest 10 minutes before slicing. Using a serrated knife, slice the baguettes and remove the center.
- Whisk together the Member’s Mark™ Pure Olive Oil, Weber® Chicago Steak Seasoning and Member’s Mark™ Granulated Garlic. Brush the inside of the baguette with this mixture, then line the baguette with sharp provolone.
- Toast the bread boat on the hot grill until cheese melts. While steak is resting, thinly slice the red bell peppers and toss with red wine vinegar.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain. Fill baguette with sliced steak, then top with bell peppers. Drizzle with some of the remaining oil and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Cut sandwich into 4–6 appetizer servings.