Weber® Kick’n Chicken with Mango Salsa
When an island vacation isn't in your near future, but we invite you to bring the flavors of the tropics to your dinner table with this Weber® Kick’n Chicken with Mango Salsa and Tropical Slaw recipe!
For the Chicken
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 pound total)
- 2 tbsp Weber® Kick’N Chicken Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Member’s Mark™ Canola Oil
- 3 tbsp Fresh lemon juice OR lime juice
Mango Pepper Salsa
- 2 cups Diced fresh mango, 1⁄4-inch dice
- 1 cup Diced red bell pepper, 1⁄4-inch dice
- 3 tbsp Red onion, minced
- 1 tbsp Jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 tbsp Fresh lemon juice OR lime juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh cilantro, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Dash® Tropical Slaw
- 16 oz bag 3-color deli coleslaw
- 2 tsp Dash® Original Blend
- 1/3 cup Light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sliced almonds
- 14 oz can Pineapple tidbits, drained
For the Chicken and Salsa
- Preheat grill to medium heat, or between 350° to 450°F.
- Trim excess fat from chicken, rinse, and pat dry using paper towels. If necessary, pound chicken to an even 1/2-inch thickness using a mallet, rolling pin, or cast iron skillet (this will ensure the chicken cooks evenly). Place Weber® Kick’N Chicken Seasoning, oil and lemon juice in a 1-gallon size resealable plastic bag. Add chicken. Seal bag and turn to thoroughly coat chicken.
- Coat grill surface with grill spray to prevent sticking.
- Grill chicken over Direct Medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes. Turn chicken and continue to cook for 6 to 8 minutes until cooked through. Transfer cooked chicken to a serving plate.
- Combine salsa ingredients in a bowl; stir and season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made up to 8 hours ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.)
- Top grilled chicken with mango salsa and serve immediately.
- Recipe Tip: Try slicing the chicken onto warm, low-fat tortillas, top with mango salsa and crumbled queso fresco cheese for delicious spicy chicken wraps.
For the Dash® Tropical Slaw
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and mix well.