This is a classic summer delight, perfect for after harvesting fresh strawberries! This recipes uses a unique crust, not your typical pie crust. Serve with fresh whipped cream and you'll be in pie heaven!
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Milk
For the Strawberry Glaze
- 1 pkg Strawberry Jell-O®
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Clabber Girl® Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 4 cups Fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Combine all pie crust ingredients to mix.
- Mix until fully combined.
- Pat into pie tin or pan
- Bake at 400º for 10 min, until crust is crisp and slightly golden
- Let cool
- Slice fresh strawberries into thin, bite size pieces. Set aside.
- On the stove, combine water, sugar, and cornstarch. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 package of strawberry Jell-O. Let cool slightly.
- Add the fresh strawberries to pie shell.
- Pour strawberry glaze over the strawberries.
- Chill in refrigerator until set.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream. Enjoy!