Weber® Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts Gratin
If you're not already a fan of Brussels sprouts, you are about to become one now! This recipe for Weber® Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts Gratin takes a Thanksgiving side dish staple and jazzes it up with herbs, seasoning, and plenty of cheese! It'll become your new favorite side...for any time of year!
- Pam® No-Stick Baking Spray
- 16 oz Brussels sprouts, trimmed of outer leaves and sliced in half
- 2 tbsp Weber® Garlic Parmesan Seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 1/3 cup Shallots, chopped
- 2 tsp All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 tsp Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Member’s Mark™ Thyme Leaves
- 1 tbsp Member’s Mark™ Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 oz Gruyere cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 8"x12" gratin dish or casserole with non-stick spray. Add the Brussels sprouts and season with Weber® Garlic Parmesan Seasoning.
- Place gratin dish in the lower third of the oven. Bake 15 minutes, toss, and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium nonstick pan over medium heat. Add butter and let it melt. Add the shallots and cook until softened, about 4 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the shallots to make a roux, whisking for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the milk and stir with a wooden spoon until the roux is incorporated into the milk.
- Cook over medium-low heat for about 4 minutes, stirring, until the sauce thickens. Add Member’s Mark™ Thyme Leaves, Member’s Mark™ Grated Parmesan Cheese, and half of the grated Gruyere cheese into the white sauce. Stir until the cheese is melted and incorporated into the sauce.
- Pour sauce over the Brussels sprouts and top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 15 minutes until top is lightly browned and bubbly.