Lemon Pepper Chicken Pasta
Tone's® Lemon Pepper Chicken Pasta is one of those meals that makes everyone happy. It's quick and easy, but the Tone's® Lemon Pepper seasoning makes it much more unique than your typical chicken + pasta recipe. Serve with a little mozzarella cheese to make it extra special!
- 1 lb Boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/2 cup Yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp Tone's® Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 2 cups Member’s Mark™ Organic Chicken Broth
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3 tbsp Pompeian® Balsamic Vinegar
- 10 oz Barilla® Classic Blue Box Farfalle Pasta
- 1-1/2 cups Sunset® Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup BelGioioso® Pre-Sliced Fresh Mozzarella
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- 1/4 cup Member's Mark™ Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt (optional)
- Season cut up pieces of chicken with Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a 12-inch lidded pan or skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken to the pan. Sauté the chicken until it's cooked all the way through, approximately 5 to 7 minutes, then pour the chicken out of the skillet and onto a plate.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of olive oil to the pan, then add in the onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in the Tone's® Lemon Pepper Seasoning, Member’s Mark™ Organic Chicken Broth, water, balsamic vinegar, and Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt, to taste.
- Use a wooden spoon to scrape all the bits off the bottom of the pan, stir together, and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, add in the pasta and stir. You want the liquid to cover the pasta completely, so add more chicken broth if needed.
- Reduce the heat to medium or medium-low, cover the pan with a lid, and boil until fairly tender. Stir occasionally, cooking the pasta for about 8 to 9 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes over the top of the pasta without stirring, then cover with the lid and allow to boil 4 to 5 minutes longer, until the tomatoes have softened and the pasta is tender. There should be a little liquid left after it's finished cooking, this will become part of the sauce. If needed, add more broth.
- Add the chicken, stir together, and pour into a serving dish.
- Top the pasta with the mozzarella cheese and season with more Tone's® Lemon Pepper Seasoning and Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt, if needed. You can also add some fresh basil leaves. Cover pan with the lid and remove from heat.
- Let the pasta rest for several minutes, allowing the mozzarella to melt and the sauce to thicken.
- If desired, mix in 1/4 cup of plain non-fat Greek yogurt to make the pasta creamier.
- (Note about the video below: this video uses a seasoning that is no longer available; however, Tone's® Lemon Pepper Seasoning is perfectly interchangeable with the one mentioned in the video! You can just cut back a little on the added black pepper if you prefer your pasta a little less peppery!)