Summertime Zucchini and Parmesan Pasta
Summer is here, so what better time to whip up this Summertime Zucchini and Parmesan Pasta! It has everything you need – fresh veggies and herbs, cheese, just the right amount of seasoning, and of course, carbs!
- 1 lb Pasta, any kind will do
- 1 tbsp Member’s Mark™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3-4 medium Zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Member’s Mark™ Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tbsp Tone’s® Italian Seasoning
- Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt, to taste
- Member’s Mark™ Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Parmesan or manchego cheese, grated
- 1 cup Fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp Lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp Member’s Mark™ Minced Onion
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice, for serving (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Just before draining, reserve 3/4 cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, addthe zucchini, garlic, Member’s Mark™ Crushed Red Pepper, Tone’s® Italian Seasoning, Member’sMark™ Minced Onion, and season with Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt and Member’s Mark™ Ground Black Pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the squash is caramelized and golden brown, 5-8 minutes. Using a potato masher, mash down the zucchini until it becomes a chunky sauce.
- Add 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add the pasta, butter, cheese, and lemon zest; toss until melted. Add more pasta water if need to thin the sauce. Remove from the heat, add the basil. Transfer to a bowl and serve topped with fresh basil and lemon.