Smoky Beer Cheese Dip
Dip is always a great choice for watching sporting events, but this Smoky Beer Cheese Dip is so good, you'll want to make it for no special occasion at all! A blend of cheeses paired with dijon mustard, cayenne pepper, maple syrup, (and of course, beer) make this dip a winner!
- 8 oz Member’s Mark™ Sharp Cheddar Finely Shredded Cheese
- 4 oz Sargento® Asiago Cheese
- 4 tbsp Land O Lakes® Salted Butter
- 2 tbsp Gold Medal® All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Samuel Adams® Cold Snap® White Ale
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Member’s Mark™ Paprika
- Member’s Mark™ Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Grey Poupon® Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Member’s Mark™ Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Maple Grove Farms® Maple Syrup
- Hand-grate the cheese and set aside.
- Add the butter to a medium saucepan on low heat. Once the butter is melted, add in the flour and stir for about 45 seconds to a minute. Then, add in the beer, milk, Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt, Member’s Mark™ Paprika, Member’s Mark™ Cayenne Pepper, Member’s Mark™ Ground Black Pepper, mustard, and Maple Grove Farms® Maple Syrup and whisk for about 1 minute, or until mixture is warm. If you have an electric stove, keep the burner on the lowest heat possible. If you have a gas stove, turn the heat off at this stage.
- Slowly add in the cheese by the handful, whisking constantly. If you have an electric stove and the cheese isn't melting, turn the stove back on low heat for up to 30 seconds so that the mixture warms again.
- Keep adding in all of your cheese until the mixture is totally melted.
- Serve beer cheese with your favorite pretzels or chips.