Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Start your fall morning off right with these delicious pumpkin cinnamon rolls and maple cream cheese frosting! The taste of warm pumpkin with sweet maple frosting will make this recipe a new fall family favorite!
- ¼ ounce Packaged yeast
- ½ cup Warm water
- ½ cup Scalded milk
- ¼ cup Member's Mark™ Granulated Sugar
- ⅓ cup Butter melted
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Canned pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp Member's Mark™ Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ tsp Ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Ground clove
- 1 Egg
- 4-5 cups Member's Mark™ All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Butter softened
- ¾ cup Member's Mark™ Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Member's Mark™ Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Member's Mark™ Pumpkin Pie Spice
Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces Cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup Unsalted butter softened
- 1 ½ cups Member's Mark™ Powdered Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Maple extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl, combine milk, sugar, melted butter, pumpkin puree, spices, salt, and egg with a spoon. Attach the bowl to the mixer with the dough hook attached. Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture. Mix in remaining flour until dough is easy to handle. Knead with dough hook for about 5 minutes. (If not using a stand mixer, knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes.) Place in well-greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled in size, usually 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- When doubled in size, punch down dough. Roll out on floured surface into a 15 by 9-inch rectangle. Spread softened butter all over dough. In a small bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Then sprinkle over buttered dough. Beginning at the 15-inch side, role up dough and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 12 to 15 slices.
- Coat the bottom of 13 x 9 baking pan with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Place cinnamon roll slices close together in the pan and let rise until dough is doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, salt, maple extract, and vanilla extract until smooth. For a thicker icing, add more powdered sugar. Spread over slightly cooled rolls.