Grilled Chops with Apple and Bacon Sauce
If you’re tired of throwing the usual steak and chicken on the grill, why not try some pork chops? Tart apples make a delicious accompaniment to this classic and simple dish.
- 3 strips Bacon
- 3/4 cup Onion, chopped
- 2 Tart apples, peeled, cored, and sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Weber® Steak ‘N Chop Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Center cut pork chops, 1 to 1-1/2 inches thick
- 2 Tbsp Weber® Steak ‘N Chop Seasoning
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until bacon is crisp; remove and crumble when cool.
- Add onion to skillet and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add apples and cook 4 to 5 minutes until apples are tender.
- Add brown sugar, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon Weber® Steak ‘N Chop Seasoning and bacon; mix well. Remove from heat; stir in butter. Cover while grilling chops.
- Rub 2 tablespoons Weber® Steak ‘N Chop Seasoning onto both sides of pork chops.
- Grill over Direct Medium heat, turning occasionally for 20 to 25 minutes, until pork is cooked through and internal temperature is at least 150°F.
- Remove from grill; warm Apple and Bacon Sauce before serving.