Tone’s Taco Salad
We love taco salad because: it’s versatile, it’s a little healthier than traditional tacos, and you can customize it however you like! Our recipe uses avocado, black beans, sweet corn, and a cool cilantro lime dressing to top it all off.
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2 Tbsp Tone’s® Taco Seasoning
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce
- 1 Tomato, large
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar jack cheese
- 1 Avocado
- 1 can Black Beans, drained
- 1 cup Sweet corn
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, diced
- Fresh Cilantro
- Tortilla chips
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 2 Tbsp Tone’s® Cilantro Lime Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Tone’s® Granulated Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all Cilantro Lime Dressing ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for later use.
- Dice the lettuce, tomato, red onion, avocado and fresh cilantro into separate bowls, set aside.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet. After the beef is cooked, drain. Mix Tone’s® Taco Seasoning with cooked ground beef.
- Start to layer the salad. On a platter or in a large bowl, add the lettuce. Then add a layer of chips, meat, beans, corn, cheese, tomato, avocado, and onion.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Have the remaining dressing to the side for extra.
- Sprinkle over the fresh cilantro and serve.