Mexican Fiesta Grilled Steak
Get the flavor of Mexican barbeque using Weber's Carne Asada seasoning – and authentic blend of chili, red pepper and lime. This steak is great for fajitas, street tacos, burritos, nachos, fries, and more!
- 3 tbsp Weber® Carne Asada Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Fresh chopped Cilantro
- 1 lb Flat iron, hanger, OR skirt steak
- Salt & Pepper
- Combine seasoning with lime juice and cilantro in a resealable plastic bag; mix well.
- Add meat, turning to coat. Place sealed bag in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer, turning bag occasionally. Tip: For optimum tenderizing, marinate 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove meat and discard remaining marinade.
- Season each side with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper, then let the steak rest for 30 minutes or until it reaches room temperature.
- Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan (or cast-iron skillet) to high heat. Cook the steak for 5-7 minutes per side — resisting the urge to move the steak as it cooks so that it can sear properly — until it reaches your desired level of doneness.
- Transfer the steak to a clean plate and let it rest for 10 minutes, which will help to seal in the juices.
- Then slice the steak against the grain as thickly or as thinly as you prefer. (Or can dice it into small pieces.) Then serve and enjoy!