Weber® Gourmet Philly Burger
This recipe combines the best of both worlds – Philly cheesesteak sandwiches and grilled burgers! This is so much better than your basic burger!
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 2 tbsp Member’s Mark™ Pure Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Weber® Gourmet Burger Seasoning
- 1 Medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Small bell pepper, cut into rings or strips
- 1 tsp Weber® Gourmet Burger Seasoning
- 8 slices Provolone cheese
- 4 Hamburger buns
- Combine onion, bell pepper, oil and 1 teaspoon Weber® Gourmet Burger Seasoning in a mixing bowl. Stir to evenly coat vegetables with oil and seasoning. Using grill pan, grill with direct medium heat (350°F – 450°F) 8–10 minutes until vegetables are tender and browned. Remove from grill and cover until burgers are done.
- Gently shape ground beef into 5-inch burgers. Season burgers on both sides with 1 tablespoon of Weber® Gourmet Burger Seasoning.
- Grill over direct medium heat (with the lid closed as much as possible), until the internal temperature reaches 160°F for medium, 12–15 minutes, turning once. Top each with 1 slice of cheese just before removing from the grill. Place buns on grill and toast for 1–2 minutes.
- Place burgers on toasted buns, top with onion and pepper mixture, and second slice of cheese.
- Serve with pepperoncini, if desired.