Bang Bang Sweet & Spicy Seasoning from Member’s Mark™
If you have ever dined out at Bonefish Grill, you may have tried their signature appetizer – the famous Bang Bang Shrimp®. If you’re unfamiliar, this delightful dish pairs crispy shrimp tossed with a creamy, spicy, mayo-based sauce known as Bang Bang Sauce. Trust us, it’s an appetizer that gets rave reviews for a reason. Fortunately for you, you can bring the extraordinary taste of Bang Bang Sauce right into your kitchen with Member’s Mark™ Bang Bang Sweet & Spicy Seasoning!
What’s Bang Bang Seasoning?
Before we get into our featured recipe, here’s a little background on what Bang Bang seasoning actually is. It can best be described as the combination of bold Szechuan-style blend flavors including ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and red pepper. This product gets its name from bang-bang chicken, which is traditionally a dish of cold chicken drizzled with a spicy and nutty sauce that’s sold by street vendors in the Szechuan region of China.
Member’s Mark™ Bang Bang Sweet & Spicy Seasoning captures these unique flavors in its multi-purpose blend. It tastes just like the bold appetizer you order in the restaurant, but it gives you the ease of not having to track down all of those ingredients! Plus, you this seasoning is incredibly versatile. In this recipe, we mix it with panko to create a crunchy crust, and we also use it to make a super simple mayo-based sauce.
Bang Bang Crispy Fish Tacos
For the Fish
- 3 Eggs
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 3 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 3-1/2 tsp Member's Mark™ Bang Bang Sweet & Spicy Seasoning
- 3 lbs Tilapia fillets
- 8-12 6 Inch flour tortillas
- Corn or peanut oil, for frying
- Shredded cabbage, for topping
- Chopped cilantro, for topping
- Pineapple salsa, for topping
For the Bang Bang Sauce
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Member's Mark™ Bang Bang Sweet & Spicy Seasoning (add more or less depending on the spice level you prefer)
- Mix eggs and milk in a bowl; set aside. Mix panko crumb and Member's Mark™ Bang Bang Sweet & Spicy Seasoning in a bowl.
- Cut the fish into strips. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet to 375 degrees.
- Dip the fish into the egg mixture and then in the bread crumbs. Fry the fish until crispy and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Heat the tortillas in a warm skillet and assemble with the fish and toppings.
- For the Bang Bang Sauce, mix the mayo and Member's Mark™ Bang Bang Sweet & Spicy Seasoning in a small bowl. (Tip - you may want to start out with using 1/2 tbsp of the seasoning and add more to adjust it to your preference.) Generously top the tacos with the sauce, and enjoy!