Instant Pot Kick'n Chicken Chimichangas
Craving Mexican food but looking for something a little different than a taco? These Instant Pot Kick'n Chicken Chimichangas cover all the bases. This recipe uses an Instant Pot to cook the chicken super fast. Next, the chicken is mixed with a salsa and cheese mixture, and then it's all folded into a tortilla. Pop them in the oven, and you have a fun and unique dinner!
- Instant Pot
For Shredded Chickn
- 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp Weber® Kick'n Chicken Seasoning
- 1 cup Swanson® Chicken Stock
For the Chimichangas
- 1 cup Pace® Chunky Salsa
- 1 cup Kraft® Mexican Style Four Cheese Blend Shredded Cheese
- 4-6 Green Onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 tbsp Weber® Kick'n Chicken Seasoning
- 4 Mission® Large Burrito Flour Tortillas
- 2 tbsp Land O Lakes® Butter melted
- For the shredded chicken, liberally coat both sides of the chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon of Weber® Kick ‘n Chicken Seasoning and place inside Instant Pot. Add chicken stock and set to cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400º degrees.
- After 10 minutes of cooking the chicken, let the pressure reduce naturally for 10 minutes before using the speed release.
- Transfer chicken to large bowl. Using two forks, pull the chicken apart in long shreds. Add salsa, cheese, green onions, and Weber® Kick‘n Chicken Seasoning to the bowl and mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Take one flour tortilla and place it on a clean work surface. Place 1/4 of the chicken mixture in the center of the tortilla.
- Fold in the left and right sides of the tortilla toward the center, then roll up the tortilla from the bottom. Place seam-side down on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and chicken mixture.
- Brush the tops and sides of the chimichangas with the melted butter. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately garnished with your favorite toppings.