Tone’s® Italian Bruschetta Chicken
It’s hard enough trying to figure out a main dish to make for dinner, let alone a side! This Tone’s Italian Bruschetta Chicken is a complete meal that’s easy, perfect for summer, and makes great leftovers!
- 1 lb (approx. 20) Baby potatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp Member’s Mark™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Member’s Mark™ Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp Member’s Mark™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Tone’s® Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Member’s Mark™ Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, sliced or grated
- 4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup Red onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Member’s Mark™ 100% Pure Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Freshly grated parmesan, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, Member’s Mark™ 100% Pure Olive Oil, Member’sMark™ Sea Salt, and Member’s Mark™ Ground Black Pepper. Toss; then transfer to a large baking sheet.
- Tone’s® Italian Seasoning, Member’s Mark™ Garlic Powder, and Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt. Using your hands or tongs, toss the chicken in the spices until well coated. (If time permits, you could do this ahead of time and allow it to sit for up to 24 hours for extra flavor.)
- Add chicken to the same baking sheet as the potatoes, leaving space in between each chicken breast so that they cook evenly. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken and potatoes are cooking, in a separate bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, Member’s Mark™ 100% Pure Olive Oil, balsamic vinegar, Member’sMark™ Sea Salt, and half of the basil. Stir until well to combine, and set aside.
- After 20 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven, flip each chicken breast over, and give the potatoes a good toss.
- Top each chicken breast with shredded/sliced mozzarella and big spoonful of the tomato mixture until it has all been used. (You can also wait and top the chicken breasts with the cold tomato mixture once they are cooked, but it tastes great when warm.)
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and cook for another 10 minutes until chicken is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
- Once cooked, remove the sheet pan from the oven and sprinkle each chicken breast with the remaining fresh basil and a bit of parmesan to serve.
- This dish can be served immediately, stored in the fridge for up to 5 days, or stored in the freezer in airtight containers for up to 3 months.