Mac and cheese…on the grill? You are reading that correctly! This amazingly scrumptious Weber® All Purpose Cookout Mac and Cheese features your favorite qualities of traditional mac and cheese (creamy, melty, tangy, addictive), but this recipe has an additional layer of awesomeness – it’s cooked on the grill! Smoking the mac and cheese is such a unique way to make this classic recipe…you may never go back to your old ways again!
Let’s take a deeper look into this recipe. After all, you might be wondering why you should take the extra step to smoke your mac and cheese when it’s already delicious the way it is.
First of all, smoking the mac and cheese gives it a more complex flavor than your traditional recipe. The addition of Panko bread crumbs on top gives it an extra crunch, and when you combine that with the smoked flavor you get from the grill…YUM. Something else to consider – when the weather is warm, this is an excellent meal to make because it won’t heat up your kitchen!
To take the smoky-delicious flavor to the next level, this recipe uses Weber® All Purpose Cookout Seasoning. This savory seasoning features an outstanding blend of flavors, including garlic, butter, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, buttermilk, and soy sauce. Combine that with the 3 different cheeses used in this recipe, and we think you’ll cook up a dinner that everyone in your family will love.
A quick note about cheese – in this recipe, we use parmesan, sharp cheddar, and mozzarella. However, you can use whatever kind of cheese you fancy! Here are some other options:
- Cream cheese
- Monterey Jack
Additionally, you can customize this recipe with some add-ins! Here are some ideas:
- Chopped green chilis
- Pulled pork
We’re sure you’re extra starving after reading this recipe description, so let’s get grilling!
Weber® All Purpose Cookout Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb Pasta of your choice
- 16 oz Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup Half & half
- 1 cup Shredded parmesan
- 2 cups Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Shredded low-moisture mozzarella
- 6 tsp Weber® All Purpose Cookout Seasoning, divided
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Adjust the temperature knobs on a gas grill to maintain a temperature of approximately 275-300 degrees.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Rinse the pasta in cold water and pour back into the pot. Add the Alfredo sauce and half & half to the pot; stir.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the parmesan, sharp cheddar, and mozzarella. Reserve 1 cup of the cheese mixture to use as a topping. Add the remaining cheese and 3 tsp Weber® All Purpose Cookout Seasoning into the pot; stir.
- In a small bowl, add the Panko crumbs and 3 tsp Weber® All Purpose Cookout Seasoning; stir.
- Pour the pasta mixture into a greased 3-quart baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese and the seasoned Panko. Cover the baking dish with foil and set in the center of your grill’s cooking grate. Cover the grill. Smoke the mac and cheese for 20 minutes. Then uncover and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the mac and cheese is golden brown and bubbling.