In our minds, here are the requirements of the perfect 4th of July drink: it must be ice cold, refreshing, and of course patriotic. Well, this Independence Punch hits the mark! As an added bonus, this recipe makes an entire pitcher, so you can spend your time watching the fireworks and not constantly making drinks for everyone! (Please note - this punch needs to chill for 2-6 hours to let the flavors infuse, so be sure to make it earlier in the day!)
- 1 cup Cut honeydew stars
- 1 bottle Rosé wine
- 1/2 cup Honeydew liqueur
- 1/2 cup White grape juice
- 2 cups Sparkling water
- 2 cup Fresh blueberries
- 2 cups Fresh strawberries
- Crushed ice
- Fresh mint sprigs, for the garnish
- Use a small star-shaped cookie cutter to cut 1-2 stars from a honeydew melon.
- Combine Rosé wine, honeydew liqueur, white grape juice, strawberries, blueberries, and honeydew stars in a large pitcher. Mix well, then chill at least 2 hours, or up to 6 hours to let the flavors infuse.
- When ready to serve, add the sparkling water to the pitcher and stir well. Portion into large glasses, then top with crushed ice and a sprig of mint.