Shortcut Chicken ‘N Waffles with Spicy Maple Glaze
Breakfast or dinner? Spicy or sweet? This meal covers all your bases! Shortcut Chicken 'N Waffles with Spicy Maple Glaze has a lot of flavor going on – we promise you'll love it!
For the Chicken and Waffles
- Frozen Belgian Waffles (1 per serving)
- Member’s Mark™ Crispy Chicken Strips, Frozen (2-3 strips per serving)
For the Maple Glaze
- 1 cup Member’s Mark™ Organic 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Member’s Mark™ Clover Honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon or honey mustard
- 1 tsp Member’s Mark™ Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Member’s Mark™ Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Member’s Mark™ Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Member’s Mark™ Paprika
- 1 tsp Member’s Mark™ Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Member’s Mark™ Organic Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Liquid smoke
- Hot sauce, as needed
- Remove the waffles from the freezer and let them thaw slightly while chicken is cooking.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place desired amount of chicken strips on a prepared baking sheet and cook according to package instructions. For some extra kick, sprinkle both sides of chicken strips with a little Member’s Mark™ Organic Ground Cayenne Pepper and Member’s Mark™ Ground Black Pepper before baking.
- While chicken is cooking, heat the ingredients for the maple glaze in a small saucepan. Whisk to combine and bring to simmer, then turn heat to low and cook for about 5 minutes. Turn heat off.
- When chicken is about 5 minutes from being done, turn pieces over to crisp other side. Toast or bake waffles according to package instructions. Re-heat glaze on low heat to warm slightly.
- Place one waffle on a warm plate and drizzle with some Maple Glaze. Then place 2-3 chicken strips on the waffle and top with more Maple Glaze. For an extra kick of heat, add a dash or two of hot sauce.