Citrus Grilled Tuna
Transport yourself to a tropical locale with this Grilled Citrus Tuna. This recipe also features a healthy slaw – making it a complete meal!
- 2 Tuna Steaks
- Olive Oil to brush on tuna steaks
- 4-5 Carrots
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Tone's® Citrus Grill Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Tone's® Parsley Flakes
- Brush all sides of tuna in olive oil, then coat all sides generously with Tone's® Citrus Grill Seasoning. Grill tuna for approximately 10 minutes at 500 degrees, until it’s white on the outside and medium rare. The inside of the tuna will be cool to the touch. You’ll also notice carmelization on the outside of the tuna. Remove the tuna from the grill.
- Slice the tuna on the crossgrain into thin pieces. Set this aside for now.
- To make the slaw, slice carrots and cucumbers into thin pieces. Place in a medium bowl. Set aside for now.
- Place sugar and white vinegar in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in Tone's® Citrus Grill Seasoning, olive oil and dried parsley flakes. Pour the mixture over the carrots and cucumbers, and stir until well coated. Place in the refrigerator until chilled. Serve slaw with tuna.