Pumpkin Pie Spiced Grits
Two things you must know about this recipe: (1) Fall is not over for a few weeks, so pumpkin flavored foods are still acceptable! (2) It can be made in the Instant Pot for extra convenience! Pumpkin Pie Spiced Grits are a truly satisfying side dish for late fall…or any of the cold months! This recipe uses gouda for an extra creamy, rich, and satisfying flavor!
- 1-1/2 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Old-fashioned grits (not quick/instant grits)
- 3 cups Water
- 3/4 cup Heavy cream
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 2 tsp Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt
- 3/4 tsp Member’s Mark™ Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Gouda cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tbsp Spice Islands® Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Set Instant Pot to sauté function and heat butter.
- Add grits and mix well, allowing grits to lightly toast until fragrant. Approx. 1-2 minutes while stirring/sautéing.
- Switch Instant Pot off and add water, cream, pumpkin, Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt, Member’s Mark™ Garlic Powder, and Spice Islands® Pumpkin Pie Spice. Set to 10 minutes on HIGH pressure and seal lid.
- Once the pot beeps, allow the pot to sit for 10-15 minutes to depressurize naturally. If lid is still pressurized after 15 minutes, flip the valve to quick release remaining pressure. Remove lid and stir well (it will look very liquid-y at first) then fold in cheese and season with any extra Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt, Member’s Mark™ Garlic Powder, and Spice Islands® Pumpkin Pie Spice to taste.