Apple Biscuits with Honey Butter Glaze
Let's face it - eating cold cereal morning after morning can get really old (especially in the winter)! These Apple Biscuits with Honey Butter Glaze may take a little time, but they will make your day ahead so much sweeter!
- 4-1/2 cups All-purpose flour, plus more for dusting the surface
- 1 tbsp, , Plus 1 teaspoon Clabber Girl® Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Clabber Girl® Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Member’s Mark™ Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Tone’s® Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Tone’s® Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp Tone’s® Ground Clove
- 1 cup Cold butter
- 1/2 cup Grated apple
- 1 cup Buttermilk, chilled
For the Glaze
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter, chilled
- 3 tbsp Honey
- Pinch Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, Clabber Girl® Baking Powder, Clabber Girl® Baking Soda, sugar, Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt, Member’s Mark™ Ground Cinnamon, Tone’s® Ground Nutmeg, Tone’s® Ground Ginger, Tone’s® Ground Clove, and ground cardamom.
- Cut in the butter and grated apple using a pastry cutter OR a fork OR your hands. You’ll know it’s good when coarse crumbs have formed and if you grab up a fistful it sticks together pretty well.
- Gently stir in the buttermilk.
- Generously flour a clean work surface and keep your flour nearby to dust your hands and the dough regularly. Scatter flour over the dough in the bowl.
- Turn the dough out onto your prepared surface, flour your hands, and knead it a few times.
- Pat it out into a kind of oblong oval shape that’s about an inch thick. Fold the short sides toward the middle, sort of like you’re folding an envelope. This is what gives your finished biscuits their “layered” texture. Smack the folded dough down and press it back out into the oval shape. Repeat this process a total of 7 times.
- Cut the biscuits into 3- to 4-inch circles and place them on an ungreased baking sheet or 2 round cake pans. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the biscuits bake, make the honey butter glaze. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the honey and salt.
- When the biscuits come out of the oven brush them with the honey butter glaze.