Weber® Garlic Parmesan Orzo
While orzo traditionally makes an excellent side dish, this Weber® Garlic Parmesan Orzo is so tasty you might just want to enjoy it as a main course! Mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, and Weber® Garlic Parmesan Seasoning add more dimension to this traditional dish.
- 8 large Portabella mushrooms
- 1/3 cup Onion, diced very small
- 3/4 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 box Barilla® Orzo Pasta
- 2 tbsp Member’s Mark™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp Weber® Garlic Parmesan Seasoning
- Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt, to taste
- Member’s Mark™ Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Member’s Mark™ Half and Half
- 1 tsp Member’s Mark™ Parsley
- Chop mushrooms and onions. Grate parmesan cheese and dice sun-dried tomatoes, and set aside.
- Cook Barilla® Orzo Pasta according to package directions. After pasta is cooked, drain and set aside.
- Heat Member’s Mark™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large skillet and let it warm up for about a minute.
- Add onions and sauté until translucent. Then add the mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, chicken stock, Weber® Garlic Parmesan Seasoning, Member’s Mark™ Parsley, Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper to the skillet and simmer and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add half and half and ½ cup of the grated parmesan cheese and stir together to melt the cheese.
- Pour the mixture over the pasta and mix together. Sprinkle the remainder of the grated parmesan cheese on top and serve.