Sour Cream Lemon Pie
Sour Cream Lemon Pie is a little piece of heaven on a plate. The pie starts with a classic Crisco® pie crust that is topped with a delicious lemon sour cream layer and then topped with whipped cream.
- 1 Classic Crisco® Pie Crust
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 large Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 3 1/2 tbsp Clabber Girl® Corn Starch
- 1 tbsp Grated Lemon Peel
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Lemon Peels
- HEAT oven to 425°F.
- PREPARE and bake single pie crust according to recipe directions, using a 9-inch pie plate; cool.
- WHISK together sugar, milk, egg yolks, lemon juice, corn starch and lemon peel in a medium, heavy saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring until mixture becomes thick. Remove from heat. Stir in butter. Cool at room temperature. When filling is cool, stir in sour cream.
- POUR filling into baked pie crust, smoothing top evenly. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Top with whipped cream and lemon peel strips, if desired.