Lemon Blueberry Drop Biscuits
These delicious biscuits are the perfect addition to any spring or summer meal! The lemon and blueberry fill these biscuits with flavors of freshness.
- 2 cup Self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 tsp Lemon zest finely grated
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice fresh
- 1 cup Blueberries fresh
- Heat oven to 425ºF. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine flour and sugar in large bowl. Cut in shortening and lemon zest with pastry blender or fork until crumbs are the size of peas. Stir in milk and lemon juice just until dough leaves sides of bowl. Gently stir in blueberries.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes Serve warm.