Raspberry Crisp Bars
These delicious Raspberry Crisp Bars make for the perfect dessert after a hot summer day. The crust has a soft cookie-like texture while the topping has a refreshing raspberry flavor. Eat them by themselves or warm them up and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- ½ cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- ⅓ cup Powdered sugar
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar firmly packed
- ¼ tsp Clabber Girl® Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- ¼ cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 Egg yolk large
- ½ tsp Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup Raspberry preserves
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat 1/2 C. shortening and powdered sugar in mixing bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Stir in 1 C. flour until mixture is just crumbly. Press into bottom of ungreased 8×8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is set but not browned. Place on cooling rack.
- Combine 1/2 C. flour, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in medium bowl. Mix well. Cut in 1/4 C. shortening with a fork until mixture forms even crumbs. Add egg yolk and vanilla. Mix well. Spread preserves evenly over crust. Sprinkle topping evenly over preserves.
- Bake 30 minutes or until topping is golden. Place on cooling rack. Cool completely. Cut into bars.