Red, White & Blueberry Trifle
When you’re looking for a festive Memorial Day dessert or an easy summer treat, turn to this red, white, and blue trifle to satisfy your sweet tooth. A classic trifle is layered with pound cake and fruit, then served in a glass bowl so you can admire all its layers.
- 1 (15 oz) Package White Cake Mix
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- Egg whites
- 1 (3.4 oz) Package Cheesecake Instant Pudding Mix
- 2 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 (8 oz) Container Whipped Topping
- 6 cup Fresh Berries – your choice sliced
- PREPARE cake mix according to package instructions using recommended amounts of oil, water and egg whites. Bake in 13 x 9-inch baking pan according to package instructions. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- WHISK pudding mix and milk in large bowl 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping until completely blended.
- CUT cake into 1-inch cubes. Place half of cake cubes in large trifle dish or 4-quart glass bowl. Top evenly with half of pudding mixture and 4 C. berries. Top with remaining cake cubes, pudding mixture and berries.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. Garnish with mint leaves.