Looking for a great game day or party snack? Everyone will love these fried pickles. You can fry them up in just minutes and make enough to feed the crowd. And trust us – you will need plenty! Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce like Ranch or even BBQ sauce.
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Clabber Girl® Corn Starch
- 2 tsp Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Member's Mark™ Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Member's Mark™ Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Members Mark™ Onion Powder
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- 16 oz Dill Pickle Chips drained & patted dry
- Heat 3/4 inch of vegetable oil in a large cast-iron skillet until a deep-fry thermometer registers 375°F.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic and onion powders. In a separate wide, shallow bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and egg to combine.
- Place one-fourth of the pickle slices in the buttermilk mixture and gently stir with a fork to coat. Using a slotted spoon, drain the pickles well, then place them in the flour mixture and toss to coat. Add the pickles to the skillet and fry until golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes. Using a clean slotted spoon or a spider, transfer the pickles to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with the remaining 3 batches of pickles.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!