Weber® Caramelized Onion, Gruyere, and Bacon Pizza
This Weber® Caramelized Onion, Gruyere, and Bacon Pizza has a lot of gourmet flavor going on. In fact, there's so much cheesy, onion-y, bacon-y flavor going on that you probably won't even notice this pizza doesn't have sauce!
- 6 slices Thick-cut bacon, cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp Weber® Caramelized Onion Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 12 or 14 inch Pizza crust
- 10 oz Gruyere cheese, freshly grated
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and add the bacon. Cook just until a bit of the fat is rendered and the bacon is SLIGHTLY cooked – it will cook more in the oven. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and place it on a paper towel. Sprinkle it with Weber® Caramelized Onion Seasoning. Leave the grease in the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to low and add butter. Add in the onions to the skillet with the Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt and toss to coat. Cover and cook for 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes or so. After 1 hour, stir in the brown sugar and cook for 15 minutes more. Stir in the garlic. Turn off the heat and add the onions to a bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Add half of the cheese to the dough, then cover it with the onions, then the bacon. Add the remaining cheese. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly. Remove and serve.