Nashville Hot Baked Mac & Cheese
Add some zing to your mac 'n cheese with Member's Mark™ Nashville Hot Chicken Seasoning. There's no chicken in this (although you can always add some in if you'd like), but this recipe embraces the spicy flavor that's a Nashville legend. The cheesy goodness balances out the heat, and then it's baked for even more crispy texture. You're going to love this one!
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 4 cups Uncooked Pasta
- 6 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Member's Mark™ Nashville Hot Chicken Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 cups Your choice of cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 325º degrees. Grease a 9” x 13” casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a large stockpot, melt the butter over medium heat. In a separate large pot, prepare the macaroni according to package directions, but cook just under al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk flour into the melted butter to form a roux (paste). Add the Member's Mark™ Nashville Hot Chicken Seasoning. Whisk in the milk and cream and set heat to medium-high. Whisk in 3 cups of the cheese and continue whisking as the mixture cooks and thickens.
- Drain the pasta but do not rinse. Return pasta to the pot.
- When the cheese has completely melted into the sauce, pour the sauce over the cooked macaroni. Fold the macaroni and cheese into the prepared casserole dish. Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the cheese on top is browned and completely melted. Allow the mac and cheese to sit for about 5-10 minutes before serving, so the cheese sauce has time to set up. You can garnish with an extra sprinkle of Member's Mark™ Nashville Hot Chicken Seasoning, if you prefer!