Chilaquiles Breakfast Casserole
This is a one-pan, savory, Mexican casserole that will satisfy your crew for breakfast or dinner.
- 1 lb Mild breakfast sausage
- 1 can Ortega™ Mild Diced Green Chiles
- 2 bottle Ortega™ Mild Taco Sauce
- 2 box Ortega™ Yellow Corn Taco Shells
- 6 Eggs large
- 3/4 cup White cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a 12” nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking apart into bite sized pieces with a wooden spoon, until browned all over and no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Add diced green chiles, taco sauce, 1/2 cup water and crunchy taco shell pieces. Stir well to combine. Remove skillet from heat.
- Make 6 wells, spaced evenly apart, in the tortilla mixture. Add 1 egg to each well. Top skillet with cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered for 14 – 17 minutes, until whites around egg yolks are set. Serve immediately with toppings, as desired.