Dash™ Cannellini Bean Soup
Happy New Year to everyone! The holidays are over, and we’re going to take a guess that you have 2 things on your mind – getting back to a healthier eating routine (or maybe starting up a new healthy one), and saving some money after all of that holiday spending. If these are the 2 goals you are striving for, we have 1 simple recipe that’s going to help you with both of them! Dash™Cannellini Bean Soup is the warm, comforting, classic soup that needs to land on your meal plan schedule this winter. So why does Dash™ Cannellini Bean Soup fit the bill? To begin with, it’s healthy! Dash™ Cannellini Bean Soup is made with simply beans, celery, garlic, onion, and a little olive oil – plus Dash™ Original Seasoning, so it’s nutritious and hearty. If you’re unfamiliar with Dash™ Original Seasoning, it is an excellent way to add plentiful flavor to your favorite foods, without any salt! Dash™ is the salt-free alternative for spicing up your favorite meals. Each blend, seasoning packet, or marinade (there are lots of options, but in this recipe we use the “Original” selection) contains a multitude of spices, allowing your palate to enjoy the flavor without the salt. Eating healthy meals doesn’t mean skipping out on taste, even when you’re making a soup as simple as this one!Maybe one of your goals this year is to save money without sacrificing any flavor. Good news! Dash™ Cannellini Bean Soup features simple, budget-friendly ingredients. You might even already have most of the ingredients in your pantry! Just to give you an idea of how affordable Dash™Cannellini Bean Soup is, you could easily feed it to a family of 4 for under $5 a person (and that is probably overestimating the cost)! We invite you to try this comforting Dash™ Cannellini BeanSoup this winter and get your New Year off to a fantastic start.
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Onion, grated
- 3 stalks Celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small clove Garlic, grated
- 3 15 oz cans Cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cups Chicken broth or stock
- 2-1/2 tsp Dash™ Original Seasoning
- Member's Mark™ Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Member's Mark™ Sea Salt Grinder, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook, stirring often, until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, stirring occasionally until aromatic, about 2 minutes.
- Add the beans and broth to the pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- If you prefer your soup to be a combination of smooth and chunky, remove 2 cups of the soup and set aside. Using an immersion blender, process the remaining soup in the pot until smooth. Add the 2 cups of soup back into the pot and stir. (If you'd prefer your entire soup to be smooth, just skip this step and puree the entire pot of soup.)
- Stir in the Dash™ Original Seasoning, Member's Mark™ Ground Black Pepper, and Member's Mark™ Sea Salt Grinder until combined.