One of the best things about spring is the fresh produce you might not have had all winter long. This Spring Root Vegetable Salad is a perfect dish to throw yourself back into using fresh produce and introducing root vegetables into your home. Root vegetables, like radishes and beets, are packed with fiber and antioxidants and they’re low in calories, fat, and cholesterol. Plus, they had a nice little refreshing crunch to your salad.
Aside from the great gut health these veggies will give you, this dish is incredibly easy to make. All you need to do is prep and cut all of your veggies, season with Member’s Mark™ Pink Himalayan Salt Grinder, Member’s Mark™ Black Peppercorn Grinder, and Member’s Mark™ Italian Herb Grinder, pair with your favorite dressing, and you’re ready to serve!
This salad is also very customizable. Add in more of your favorite veggies if you’d like, add a little extra avocado, make a vinaigrette dressing from scratch- the possibilities are endless! If you find that the crisp roots are overpowering, try steaming your asparagus before adding to the salad to soften them up. You could also break out the grill and grill the asparagus. If you’re making this dish into a full meal, add some chicken or shrimp for protein.
For dressing with this salad, we recommend something light and thin, like an Italian dressing. You could also keep it simple with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. If you happen to have leftovers, which we can’t promise you will after you find out how delicious it is, add some of the avocado, root veggies, and spinach to your lunch sandwich. The refreshing and flavorful veggies will upgrade your sandwich from typical and boring to colorful and gourmet! Or leave your dressing on the side and save your salad to munch on all week!
Spring Root Vegetable Salad
- Romaine and Spinach mix
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Radish bunch
- 2-3 Watermelon radishes
- 1 Asparagus bunch
- 1 Beet large
- 1 Golden beet large
- Member's Mark™ Pink Himalayan Salt Grinder for garnish
- Member's Mark™ Black Peppercorn Grinder for garnish
- Member's Mark™ Italian Herb Grinder for garnish
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Thinly slice the radishes and beets, cut the avocado into small chunks, and cut the asparagus into smaller pieces.
- After washing your romaine and spinach mix, add all of your radish slices, beet slices, avocado chunks, and asparagus pieces.
- Top with a few mint leaves, Member's Mark™ Pink Himalayan Salt Grinder, Member's Mark™ Black Peppercorn Grinder, and Member's Mark™ Italian Herb Grinder. Serve with your favorite dressing and enjoy!