Summer Shrimp Salad
Looking for something tasty and light? Summer’s a great time for salad (although, any time is great for salad)! Shrimp makes it a little more unique, especially when it’s tossed in Tone’s® Southwest Chipotle Seasoning.
- 5 16/20 Shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1/4 cup Sliced Red Onion
- 5 Sliced Strawberries
- 1/4 cup Blue Diamond® Toasted Almonds
- Member's Mark™ Olive Oil
Tone's Southwest Chipotle Dressing
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Heinz® White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Tone's® Southwest Chipotle Seasoning
- 3 tsp Members Mark™ Olive Oil
- Slice and devein the shrimp, then rinse. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once the oil begins to heat, place the shrimp in the skillet. Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and Tone’s Southwest Chipotle Seasoning. Continue to cook shrimp until they are tender, but not tough. Remove the shrimp from the heat.
- To make the dressing, place sugar and white vinegar in a medium bowl. Stir until smooth. Stir in Tone’s Southwest Chipotle Seasoning and olive oil. Whisk until the mixture becomes slightly frothy and creamy in appearance. Set aside for now.
- Place baby spinach, mixed leaves, red onion, strawberries and toasted almonds in a large bowl. Toss with the Southwest Chipotle Dressing until all ingredients are coated. Toss in the shrimp.