Creamy Cauliflower Wild Rice Soup
When you're looking for a soup that's hearty, vegan, and dairy-free, look no further than Creamy Cauliflower Wild Rice Soup. Cashews add creaminess while Tone's® Rosemary Garlic Seasoning gives it a lovely savory taste. For a low-carb meal, serve with a side salad!
- 1/2 cup Uncooked wild rice blend (2 cups cooked)
- 2 cups Fresh or frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Large white or yellow onion, diced
- 2 Medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks Celery, trimmed and diced
- 1/2 tsp Member’s Mark™ Thyme Leaves
- 1 tsp Tone’s® Rosemary Garlic Seasoning
- 2 cups Swanson® Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup Raw cashews, soaked in boiling water for 3 minutes
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 tbsp ReaLemon® 100% Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt, plus more to taste
- Member’s Mark™ Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Cook the rice according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, (about halfway through cooking the rice), bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets and boil for 7 to 10 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain and set aside.
- While the cauliflower boils, heat the olive oil in a large stockpot or dutch oven over medium-low heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, Member’s Mark™ Thyme Leaves, and Tone’s® Rosemary Garlic seasoning. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables just begin to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the vegetable broth, increase the heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the boiled cauliflower to a high-speed blender along with the water, softened cashews, lemon juice, and Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt. Blend on high for two minutes, or until completely smooth and creamy.
- Add the cauliflower cream mixture and the cooked rice to the pot of soup and stir to incorporate. Increase the heat to medium-low and continue to simmer for just 5 minutes.
- Taste and generously season with more Member’s Mark™ Sea Salt and Member’s Mark™ Ground Black Pepper to taste. Serve warm.