These delicious empanadas made with flaky pie crust and ground beef to create the perfect handheld dinner.
- 2 Crisco® Frozen Pie Crusts defrosted
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 1/2 Bell Pepper diced
- 1 tsp Member's Mark™ Minced Garlic
- 1 Packet Ortega® Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup Mexican blended cheese
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, onions and bell pepper until beef is cooked through, onions are translucent and peppers are soft.
- Add garlic and seasoning packet and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Roll out pie crusts. Cut desired size in a circular pattern into the dough. TIP: Use a bowl as a template.
- Lay a pie crust circle on the baking sheet.
- Add a spoonful or two of filling to the middle of the circle, and top with a pinch of cheese.
- Fold pie crust circle in half, keeping the filling inside, and press edges down with a fork.
- Beat an egg in a small bowl and brush on top of each empanada.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until tops are golden.