Fiesta Chicken Burrito Bowl
We are all familiar with the burrito bowl from a certain fast-casual dining establishment…but have you ever tried making it at home? While our Fiesta Chicken Burrito Bowl recipe may not offer the ease of delivery at your doorstep, here is what it does offer:· Healthy and fresh ingredients· A budget-friendly solution· Portions that are large enough for your whole family· The chance to get creative in the kitchen!This Fiesta Chicken Burrito Bowl is completely customizable –if you don’t like any of the toppings that we suggest, just leave them out or add your own! Plus, kids can “help” make dinner by assembling burrito bowls by themselves!What makes the Fiesta Chicken Burrito Bowl especially tasty is the delicious blend of spices used on the chicken (which by the way, you can customize the spices, too! Just add more Member’s Mark™ Chili Powder if you prefer your chicken with a little more heat)! You could also use this chicken recipe for fajitas or tacos, too!Burrito bowls are all about the toppings, so here are some great suggestions you can use to create your bowl. Add as many (or as few) as you’d like!Grains· White rice· Brown rice· Cauliflower rice· Quinoa · Couscous Beans· Black· Pinto· Refried Veggies· Corn (frozen, canned, or fresh)· Chopped lettuce· Chopped tomatoes· Sliced avocado· Diced onion Extras· Sour cream· Avocado crema· Shredded Monterey Jack cheese· Salsa· GuacamoleIf you are feeling intimidated by the rather long list of toppings choices, there are some shortcuts you can take to prepare them! Try using individual packets of microwavable rice (you may have to cook several, depending on how many people you are cooking for). Microwavable frozen roasted corn always tastes delicious, and of course there’s always store-bought salsa and guacamole always make great options.
For the Chicken
- 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp Member's Mark™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Member's Mark™ Spanish Paprika
- 1 tsp Member's Mark™ Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Member's Mark™ Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Member's Mark™ Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Member's Mark™ Ground Black Pepper
For the Toppings
- 1 cup Corn, cooked
- 1 (15 oz) can Black beans, cooked
- 2 cups Rice, cooked
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- Sour cream, as desired
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, as desired
- Salsa, as desired (leave out if you are using salsa)
- Guacamole, as desired (leave out if you are using guacamole)
- Chopped cilantro, as desired
- Lime juice, as desired
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-size pieces and place in a medium bowl. Add Member's Mark™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Member's Mark™ Spanish Paprika, Member's Mark™ Ground Cumin, Member's Mark™ Chili Powder, Member's Mark™ Sea Salt, and Member's Mark™ Sea Salt to the bowl. Mix until the chicken is well-coated.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken to the pan and cook for 7-8 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked. The chicken's internal temperature should reach 165°.
- Divide the chicken evenly among 4 bowls. Now the for the fun part - everyone can add whatever they want to their burrito bowl!