Mediterranean Chicken Pasta Bake
This Mediterranean inspired pasta bake is packed with the fresh flavors of tomatoes, spinach, olives, and Tone's® Mediterranean Herb Seasoning! The dish is all tied together with creamy feta cheese.
- 12 oz Uncooked gemelli pasta
- 3 tbsp Member's Mark™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 package Boneless skinless chicken breasts Cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp Member's Mark™ Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp Member's Mark™ Black Pepper
- ½ cup Red onion Chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic Finely chopped
- 8 oz Fresh spinach Coarsely chopped
- 1 can Crushed tomatoes Undrained
- 1 tsp Tone's® Mediterranean Herb Seasoning
- ½ cup Kalamata olives Pitted and halved
- ¼ cup Sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil Drained and diced
- 8 oz Feta cheese Crumbled
- 2 cup Italian cheese blend Shredded
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Fresh basil leaves Chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and add to skillet; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. In same skillet, add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, the onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir until starting to wilt, about 1 minute.
- In very large bowl, mix cooked chicken, spinach mixture, pasta, crushed tomatoes, Tone's® Italian seasoning, Tone's® Mediterranean Herb seasoning, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese and Italian cheese blend. Transfer mixture to baking dish.
- In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle on top of pasta mixture in baking dish. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until bread crumbs are golden brown and casserole is heated through (165°F in center). Garnish with basil, and serve.