Gyro Style Steak Sandwiches
Something that makes gyros so tasty are the toppings. These Gryo Style Steak Sandwiches are covered in a sour cream dressing that features feta, Weber® Steak ‘N Chop Seasoning, and cucumbers. Serve on a traditional pita or ciabatta bread!
Sour Cream Dressing
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1/2 cup Cucumber, chopped, peeled, and seeded
- 1/4 cup Crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 tsp Member’s Mark™ Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Weber® Steak ‘N Chop Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Member’s Mark™ Garlic Powder
- 1/5-2 lbs Flank steak, about 3⁄4-inch thick
- Member’s Mark™ 100% Pure Olive Oil, as needed
- 2 tbsp Weber® Steak ‘N Chop Seasoning
- 1 loaf Ciabatta bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 Small red onion, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 2 Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Lightly brush steak on both sides with oil and then season evenly with 2 tablespoons ofWeber® Steak ‘N Chop Seasoning. Allow steak to stand at room temperature for 15 to30 minutes before grilling.
- Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F). Brush cooking grates clean. Grill steak over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until cooked to your desired doneness, 8 to 10 minutes for medium rare, turning once or twice (if flare-ups occur, move steak temporarily over indirect heat.) Remove steak from grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
- While the steak rests, grill the bread over direct medium heat, cut side down, until lightly browned, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Thinly slice the steak. Build the sandwiches with sour cream dressing, tomatoes, steak slices and onion. Place the remaining half of the bread on top and cut into individual sandwiches. Serve right away.