Taco Pasta Skillet
This Taco Pasta Skillet is so much more than noodles and seasoned beef – it’s a Mexican/Italian fusion! We’ve combined the flavors of traditional tacos with rotini pasta to make this (slightly) spicy, creamy, fresh, and fun meal. Best of all – it comes together in less than30 minutes!
- 8 ounces Rotini pasta (3 cups)
- 1 tbsp Member’s Mark™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Small onion, diced
- 1 lb Member’s Mark™ Organic Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Tone's® Taco Seasoning
- 1 can Diced fire roasted tomatoes (15 ounces)
- 1/4 cup Member’s Mark™ Fresh Salsa
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1-1/4 cups Member's Mark™ Mexican Style Four Cheese Finely Shredded Cheese Reserve 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 8 Tortilla chips, crushed into small pieces
- 1-2 tbsp Fresh chopped cilantro
- Taco sauce
- Add pasta to salted boiling water and cook until tender; drain.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil to medium heat and sauté onion 2-3 minutes until it just starts to turn translucent. Add ground beef and cook until meat is nicely browned; drain. Stir in Tone's® Taco Seasoning, Member’s Mark™ Cayenne Pepper (optional),diced tomatoes, salsa, water, and green pepper or jalapeño, if desired.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add pasta, 1 cup cheese, and sour cream; stir well to combine. Continue cooking until cheese has melted. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with crushed tortilla chips and cilantro. Drizzle with 2-3 tablespoons taco sauce. Serve immediately.