If you're into your BBQ, you might have invested in a good smoker. The smoky aroma of hardwood just adds an element of flavor that can’t be reproduced. So try out this recipe for "Pig Shots." What exactly is a Pig Shot? It's bacon-wrapped cream cheese and sausage goodness that's topped with cheese and Weber® Cowboy Seasoning, plus some added goodies thrown in. You will love them! This is more of an appetizer, so try serving with the Weber® Flavor Bomb Burger and some Cinnamon Toast Crunch™ Cinnadust™ Sweet Potato Fries on the side!
- 2 Jalapeños
- 1/2 large can Crushed Pineapple
- 1.5 bricks Cream cheese, softened for about 1.5 hours
- Weber® Garlic Jalapeño Seasoning
- 1 rope Sausage
- 1 lb Bacon
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Weber® Cowboy Seasoning
- Cut the jalapeños and take out all the seeds so they’re not super spicy. Once all the seeds are out, dice the jalapeños and place in a bowl with 1.5 bricks of cream cheese. Add ½ can of crushed pineapple. Add a few dashes of the Weber® Garlic Jalapeño spice blend. Mix all together.
- Cut sausage into ½ inch pieces. Cut the pound of bacon in half. Assemble the bacon shot glasses by rolling up the bacon pieces, inserting a disc of sausage, and securing with a toothpick. Stuff each shot glass with a forkful of cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle the top of each shot glass with a bit of shredded cheese. Sprinkle the tops with Weber® Cowboy Seasoning.
- Place the shot glasses on your grill and cook for about 1.5-2 hours at 300 degrees.